Summer is almost over, so before you say goodbye to all the fresh produce, snatch up some blueberries to make this refreshing (and recovery-boosting) treat.
Branched-chain amino acids (BCAAs) are the building blocks of muscle, so they are critical for the maintenance and repair of muscle tissue. Unlike other aminos, BCAAs are metabolized in the muscle, where they can be used as energy. This helps prevent muscle breakdown and may help decrease soreness.
Blueberries may also help reduce soreness, as they are rich in anthocyanin, a flavonoid with potent antioxidant capabilities. These antioxidants help protect your cells from inflammation, among other things.
Together, blueberries and BCAAs combine to make an ideal post-workout treat. Turning them into a popsicle doesn’t hurt either!
- 2 pints fresh blueberries
- 2 scoops Best BCAA™ in Blueberry Lemonade
- ¼ cup lemonade
- 1 set of 4-count popsicle molds
- 4 popsicle sticks
- Puree the blueberries, Best BCAA™ and lemonade in a food processor or blender for about 30 seconds, or until well blended.
- Pour the mixture into your molds and insert the popsicle sticks.
- Cover the molds and freeze 3-4 hours.
The Blueberry Lemonade Best BCAA™ flavor can be found exclusively at Vitamin Shoppe!