Cooked in foil, this recipe is quick, easy and requires almost no clean up. What else could you demand from a dinner recipe? Especially one you have to make while the kids are off school!
Allow us to introduce you to this week’s Summer Series recipe – Cilantro-Lime Shrimp Foil Packets. It’s fresh, zesty and serves four… or two people who just crushed a workout. If you want to add carbs, use jasmine rice as a base to soak up the juices. Or grab a few corn tortillas and serve the shrimp mixture up as tacos!
- 1 lb. medium shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- 3 ears of corn, quartered
- 1 zucchini, cut into half moons
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 Tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 limes, sliced into rounds
- 2 Tbsp butter
- Add shrimp, corn, zucchini, garlic, cumin, red pepper flakes and cilantro to a large bowl. Drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and pepper and toss until seasoning is evenly distributed.
- Tear off four large pieces of foil. Evenly divide the shrimp mixture between the foil. Top each with a pat of butter and lime rounds. Seal.
- Heat your grill to high. Place your foil packets over direct heat and cook until the shrimp is pink, about 10 minutes.
- Remove the foil packets from the grill. Dump the contents onto plates, toss the foil, pat yourself on the back and enjoy!