Looking for some inspiration for your next workout? Who better to guide you than the women of Team BPI?! We asked each of these inspiring athletes to provide their favorite exercises for a certain body part, so the next time you need to mix it up, they’ve got you covered. Here’s the full body workout by India Paulino, Narmin Assria, Chanel DeLisser, Haidy Cruz and Ainsley Rodriguez.
India Paulino – Biceps & Triceps
- Seated Dumbbell Curl: Sit on a bench with your upper back placed firmly on the bench. Slightly arch your lower bac. Start with the dumbbells next to your hips, palms facing forward. With a slight bend in your elbow and your elbows slightly behind your torso, curl the dumbbells one at a time towards your shoulder. Slowly lower back to your starting point.
- Triceps Dips: Sit on the edge of a bench with the heels of your feet together on the floor. Place your hands on the bench next to your hips. Bend your elbows at a 90-degree angle, slowly lowering your body to the floor. To return to the starting position, slowly straighten your arms.
- Overhead Dumbbell Triceps Extensions: Sit on a bench with your feet shoulder-width apart. Hold a dumbbell overhead with your palms facing up. Bend your elbows slowly, lowering the dumbbell until your forearms are parallel with the floor. Pause and extend your arms slowly back to the starting position.
Narmin Assria – Back
- Wide-grip Lat Pulldown: Grab the bar with an overhand grip. Your hands should be more than shoulder-width apart. As you prepare to pull the bar down, exhale and slowly pull the bar down to the upper part of your chest. Make sure you squeeze your shoulder blades together and hold the squeeze for a count of two. Inhale and slowly return the bar to the starting position.
- Increase the weight each set to volumize your pump.
- Close-grip Seated Cable Row: Grab the bar with a natural grip, palms facing in. Keep your legs slightly bent and your back straight. Pull the weights up slowly by pulling your shoulders back. This is your starting position. Keep your elbows by your side and as you pull the rope, you should be sitting straight up. Keep your shoulders back and pull the handle to your stomach. Squeeze your shoulder blades together and hold for two seconds, then slowly lower the weight back to the starting position.
- Increase your weight every set.
Chanel DeLisser – Abs
- Bicycle Crunches
- Hanging Leg Raises
Haidy Cruz – Legs & Booty
- Walking lunges:
- 20x per leg
- 15x per leg
- 12x per leg
- Jump Squats: 3×15
- Hip Thrusts: Use moderate weight. Be sure to squeeze your glutes for three seconds between each rep.
- Fire Hydrant: No breaks in between reps!
Ainsley Rodriguez – Shoulders
- Dumbbell Arnold Press
- Kettle Bell Press
- 3×12 (each arm)
- Landmine Shoulder Press
All readers are advised to consult their physician before beginning any exercise and nutrition program. BPI Sports and the contributors do not accept any responsibility for injury sustained as a result of following the advice or suggestions contained within the content.