By the time 3pm rolls around, your stomach is grumbling and those sweet, sweet sticky buns in the vending machine begin whispering your name (you can hear them, right?). So you give in. And sure, it feels good––but only for a moment. Because you know what’s in those things.
What you need is something quick, delicious and nutritious that you can whip up in a snap and take on the go. Hey, don’t worry––we’ve got your back. Because we’ve brought back Chef Geo of ProTreats to show you a simple and healthy solution for battling those midday munchies.
The MVP of this recipe: our BPI Chocolate Brownie ISO HD™ whey protein. With a rich, chocolate taste and 25g of the purest protein around, it’s the decadent fuel you need to power through your day.
Sorry sticky buns, the jig is up.
Chocolate Protein Balls
Makes approximately 12 balls
- 1 cup of oats
- 1 tablespoon organic creamy peanut butter
- 1 ounce of dried coconut (shredded and sweetened)
- 2 scoops of BPI Chocolate Brownie ISO HD™ Whey Protein
- 1 tablespoon Walden Farms calorie free pancake syrup
- 2 tablespoons Nestle mini chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon of coconut oil
- Pre-heat your oven for 375°F and toast the one cup of oats for about 8-10 minutes. You’ll notice them start to brown and bit and harden in texture. Set aside.
- Add all of the ingredients (including the toasted oats) into the food processor and blend until a clump of dough forms.
- Remove the dough from the food processor and roll small chunks of it until your form a ball. Repeat this process until you have used all of the dough.
- For an extra treat, you can coat the protein balls in coconut. Pour some calorie free pancake syrup into a bowl and shredded coconut flakes into another one. Dip each ball into the pancake syrup and then coat with the shredded coconut.
Nutrition facts*: 69 Calories | 3g Protein | 9g Carbs | 4g Fat (amounts given are per ball)
*Nutrition facts may vary depending upon ingredients used and portion size
Chef Geo is a member of Team BPI Sports.