It’s National Fried Chicken Day!
Skip the long lines at your local Kentucky-based chicken chain and whip up some keto-style fried chicken instead. Whether you’re keeping it keto with your diet, or just looking to switch it up in the kitchen, this fried chicken recipe is sure to satisfy everyone at the dinner table.
Keto Fried Chicken
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 40 mins
Servings: 12 pieces of chicken
- 4 oz pork rinds
- 1.5 tsp thyme dried
- 1 tsp sea salt dried
- 1 tsp black pepper dried
- 1 tsp oregano dried
- 0.5 tsp garlic powder dried
- 1 tsp smoked paprika dried
- 12 legs and thighs bone-in chicken skinless, medium-size pieces
- 1 egg
- 2 oz mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp Dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Crush pork rinds into a powder-like texture, leaving in a few larger pieces.
- Combine pork rinds with thyme, salt, pepper, oregano, garlic powder, and smoked paprika. Spread out into a thin layer on a large plate or flat dish.
- In a wide bowl, combine egg, mayo, and Dijon mustard. Dip each piece of chicken into the egg-mayo mixture, then roll in the pork rind mixture until evenly coated.
- Place chicken on a wire rack over a baking sheet and bake for 40 minutes.
Pro Tip: Want to work off your fried chicken food baby? Get the most out of your workout with Keto Weight Loss - a keto-friendly pre-workout and energy powder that helps fuel your body during your workout.
Share pictures of your fried chicken with us on social media.