Keto-friendly Recipes for the Big Game
- February 3, 2018
Despite what you might think, it’s not impossible to make a feast for the big game and stay on your ketogenic diet. There are tons of keto-friendly recipes you can enjoy guilt free. Here are our #1 draft picks for Sunday:
“Kickoff” Keto Caprese Salad
Kick off your party with this quick, easy and delicious keto-friendly recipe.
- 2 large organic or heirloom tomatoes
- 12 ounces organic mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup fresh basil, chopped
- 6 tablespoons virgin olive oil, plus extra for drizzle
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Make a basil garnish by combining chopped basil with 2 Tbsp. olive oil.
- Slice tomatoes into ¼ in. slices. You should be able to get at least 6 slices from each tomato.
- Cut your Mozzarella into 1 oz. or ¼ in. slices.
- On a serving plate, layer tomato, mozzarella, then basil garnish.
- Dust with salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil.
Net Carbs: 4.4g
“Hail Mary” Wild Boar Bacon Keto Burger
If the game gets dull, bring out these little burgers to bring your crowd back to life.
- 12 slices thick-cut Wild Boar bacon
- 12 (1-inch) cubes cheddar cheese
- 12 (1-ounce) raw sausage patties
- Onion powder
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Lay out your raw sausage patties on the sheet, evenly spaced.
- Sprinkle with seasonings.
- In the middle of each sausage patty, place a cube of cheese.
- Wrap the sausage around the cheese to form a ball.
- Wrap each sausage ball with bacon.
- Bake for 1 hour at 350°F.
- Serve with ketchup, mustard and relish.
Net Carbs: 1.4g
“Run out the Clock” Keto Slow Cooker Steak Chili
Get the house smelling great on game day with this slow cooker keto-friendly recipe.
- 2 ½ lbs. grass-fed steak, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ cup sliced leeks
- 2 cups canned tomatoes
- 1 cup beef stock
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Sour cream
- Fresh cilantro
- Put all your ingredients into a slow cooker.
- Cook on high for 6 hours.
- Stir the ingredients before serving, breaking up the large chunks of beef and tomatoes into smaller pieces.
- Add toppings and serve.
Servings: 12 (½ cup)
Net Carbs: 5g
“MVP” Keto Baked Chicken Wings
The most valuable plate at the party is the one with these wings on them.
- 3 lbs. organic free-range chicken wings and drums
- ¼ cup organic butter
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- Hot sauce of choice
- Mix together baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Put all the chicken wings into a plastic bag. Add the baking soda mixture, seal the bag and shake to coat the wings.
- Place coated wings on a wire rack and set in the fridge overnight to dry.
- Preheat your oven to 450°F.
- Bake wings in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Flip wings and bake for an additional 15 minutes or until crispy.
- Coat with hot sauce and serve.
Calories (per wing): ~200
Net Carbs: 0.5g