If you listen to someone talk about using a pre-workout and you’ve never used one before, it’s understandable why you may be a bit skeptical; you may even question if they are safe to use…
As you start to look at pre-workout options, you probably notice that caffeine is a common ingredient. You at least know it’s in coffee, sodas, and other energy drinks that you buy. You know how your body reacts to caffeine but start thinking, “Is more really better?” You also see a list of other ingredients that you’ve never even heard about, and that’s when you start to question the safety of these product.
Learn more about these other ingredients now!
- Caffeine (caffeine anhydrous): A purer and more effective form than regular caffeine that provides a boost in energy, focus and alertness.
- Citrulline Malate: Helps to push blood and oxygen into the muscles to increase endurance and muscle pumps.
- Beta-Alanine: Improves muscular endurance by reducing muscle fatigue and lactic acid build up.
- Nitrosigine®: Patented compound form of arginine that provides muscles with more blood and nutrients to increase endurance, performance and muscle pumps. Nitrosigine® also helps to accelerate recovery.
- Betaine: Improves overall muscle performance, strength, power, and endurance.
- S7™: Patented nitric oxide booster that is the combination of seven plant-based ingredients. This clinically researched ingredient helps to increase performance while reducing muscle fatigue.
- L-Carnitine: Helps your body convert fat into energy, which can boost athletic performance. According to recent studies, carnitine may also play an important role in recovery.
- Theobromine: Similar to caffeine, but provides a longer, more sustained stream of energy since it does not directly target the central nervous system. Theobromine is also known for producing an overall feeling of well-being and helping with endurance.
Not all pre-workouts are the same, so that's why looking for these key ingredients and knowing the benefits of each of them is so important.
If you’re looking to boost your performance and trying to take your workouts to the next level, a pre-workout with efficacious dosages of these ingredients may provide you with the best results.
You can also stack your new pre-workout with BCAAs, protein, creatine, or other performance products for additional benefits. It is not recommended to stack a pre-workout with a fat burner or other energy products.