Revitalize Through Exercise by Ainsley Rodriguez
- April 7, 2018
You may eat a diet that consists of only the freshest organically grown veggies, fruits, and grains, but without exercise, you will still steer clear of wellness! Shocking… I know; however, the benefits of exercise are extremely well documented and shouldn’t be overlooked.
If we do not use our bodies through movement, they will eventually stiffen and age. Some may think that exercise wears out the body, when in actuality, it revitalizes and rejuvenates it! Exercise is movement, movement is energy, and energy is LIFE!
Here are two ways in which exercise has been proven to work:
- Strength training results in the body adding bulk to muscles to cope with the stress of lifting weights. This benefits our bodies because larger and better trained muscles process oxygen more efficiently and the heart doesn’t need to pump as hard to keep the muscles supplied! This is one reason why weightlifting is extremely helpful for cardiovascular disease.
- Aerobic exercise benefits our bodies because it strengthens the heart and allows it to pump more efficiently, so that it doesn’t require as many beats per minute.
Sticking to a regular exercise regimen can be one of the toughest things to implement in your health program. The key is to stay motivated and your biggest motivator is YOU! Choose an exercise that you enjoy! It can be a long walk in the park, swimming, dancing, yoga, jazzercising, circuit training, step class, spinning, skipping, running, biking, tai chi… it doesn’t matter as long as you do it REGULARLY! This means at least 30 minutes daily, three to four times a week, every week!
Work in Your Peak Training Zone
Everyone’s peak training zone varies, but your basic zones can be established by subtracting your age from 220. The resulting number is your maximum training heart rate. Your peak training zone for building fitness and burning fat is 65-80% of that number. For example, for a 28-year-old person, the maximum training heart rate is 192. The peak training zone for fat burning is between 124 and 153 heart beats per minute. It is important to stay in that zone and not go over. Going over your peak training zone puts excessive strain on your system and uses up the oxygen in your blood.
Remember to Go at Your Own Pace
More is not always better! Studies have shown significant health benefits from a 30-minute walk three times a week! So don’t feel like you have to join the nearest health club or buy a lot of expensive exercise equipment!
Finally, think of all the benefits that you are bestowing on your body as you sweat your way through the last 15 minutes of your workout:
- Your muscles are toned!
- Your lymphatic system is stimulated to carry away toxins and waste from the blood!
- Your heart is strengthened!
- With regular exercise, your pulse is slower, and the heart’s workload is reduced!
- Your weight is more easily managed!
- Enzymes that are vital for the chemical interactions in the body are stimulated!
- Your sweat is relieving the body of stored toxins and waste!
What Are You Waiting For?
Put on those walking shoes and take a beautiful walk around your neighborhood or local park! Not only will you be enjoying fresh air and exercise, but you will also be amazed at the things you see when you are not inside your car!
About Ainsley Rodriguez
Ainsley Rodriguez’s fitness journey started a decade ago when she was just 16 years old. It took Ainsley years of study, training and hard work to earn her “overnight” success as a fitness celebrity, strength coach and nutritionist. Currently a member of Team BPI, Ainsley shares her advice and insights in her blog series, as well as on her Instagram account.