Skill Level from 1-5: 3
Macros: Cals 389 | Protein 40.1g |Carbs 10.7g | Fat 20g
INGREDIENTS: RECIPE YIELDS 4 SERVINGS
- 4 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 16 Jumbo Florida Shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 2 cup chopped fresh cilantro, plus sprigs for garnish
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1.4 cup green onions
- 1/8 cup corn kernels
- 1/4 Teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 cup minced red onion
- 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 cup diced avocado
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large orange, peeled, segmented then cubed
- 3 tablespoons dark rum
- 1 tablespoon minced jalapeno
- ln a large sauté pan, warm the oil. Add the shrimp, and stir in the garlic and cumin.
- Season with 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon of pepper. Cook over high heat for 1 minute, then reduce the heat and turn the shrimp.
- Carefully add the rum and then the lime juice.
- Continue to cook the shrimp until they are rosy pink. Toss the shrimp with the mint and 2 tablespoons of the cilantro, then set aside.
- In a small stainless-steel bowl, combine the onion, remaining 6 tablespoons of cilantro, corn, green onions and jalapeno.
- Season with the remaining salt and pepper, then toss lightly
- Spoon the salsa into the center of each plate. Arrange the shrimp around the salsa. Drizzle with mojito sauce ( the pan juices) and garnish with cilantro sprigs.
- Low in sugar
- High in phosphorus
- High in Vitamin B6
- High in Vitamin B12
www.ProTreats.com is now live! Visit their site to buy some ready-made, mouthwatering ProTreats made exclusively with BPI Sports protein!
Chef Geo is a member of Team BPI Sports.