Ok, so maybe your personal trainer wouldn’t be thrilled if he/she knew you were browsing margarita recipes, but let’s be honest: sometimes you just need a drink!
If you’re going to drink alcohol on your diet, you have to be conscious of the empty calories you’re going to consume. Be sure your body is getting the nutrients it needs throughout the day, and NEVER drink immediately after a workout.
Once you’ve come to terms with the fact that you’re cheating, consider the type of drink you order. Vodka with water? Whiskey on the rocks? Anything that contains soda should obviously be avoided, but there are other, less obvious ways that bartenders hide sugar in their drinks. A typical margarita, for example, contains cheap sweet & sour mix and simple syrup, both of which have high sugar content.
The next time you’re craving tequila, try this delicious strawberry margarita recipe. It uses real lime juice, 100% agave tequila and only the sugar from the strawberries as a sweetener. You may be “retoxing” with the alcohol, but at least you’re helping your body hydrate and detox with amino acids!
- 1 ¼ cup strawberries with the stems removed
- 1 scoop Best BCAA™ in Strawberry Margarita
- 2 ½ oz. freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 oz. orange liqueur
- 2 oz. 100% agave tequila
- 2 lime wedges (for garnish)
- Place the strawberries in a blender with the scoop of Best BCAA™. Pulse the blades a few times until the mixture is liquid, but not completely smooth.
- Add the lime juice, orange liqueur and tequila. Stir to combine.
- Rim two glasses with salt (optional). Fill the glasses with ice and evenly distribute the margarita mixture.
- Garnish each strawberry margarita with a lime wedge.