Valentine’s Day Protein Pancakes You’ll Love
February 12, 2017
Nothing says, “I love you” quite like breakfast in bed, especially when said breakfast is pancakes. Start your Valentine’s Day off right with these two recipes from Chef Geo. They’re so good, you won’t believe they’re actually good for you, too.
Heart-Shaped Vanilla Caramel Protein Pancakes with Roasted Hazelnuts
- 3 scoops BPI Sports Whey HD™ in Vanilla Caramel
- 1 cup Hungry Jack Complete Wheat Blends Pancake & Waffle Mix
- 2 cups water
- 3 Tbsp. Smucker’s Sugar-Free Caramel Syrup
- Cool Whip Whipped Topping
- Walden Farms Chocolate Syrup
- Walden Farms Pancake Syrup
- Powdered sugar
- Pink candy Pearls
- Heart-shaped cookie tray (for large cookies)
- Baking sheet
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix the first four ingredients until smooth. If the mixture is too thick, add a bit more water.
- Pour the mixture into the heart-shaped cookie tray.
- Place the hazelnuts on a baking sheet.
- Put the pancakes and the hazelnuts in the oven and bake for nine minutes.
- Remove both trays from the oven. Set hazelnuts aside. Let the pancakes cool before removing from tray to avoid breakage.
- To plate, place one pancake in the center of your plate and top with Cool Whip. Repeat until you’ve formed a stack. Drizzle chocolate and caramel syrup over the top and sprinkle with hazelnuts. Add pink candy pearls and shake powdered sugar over the entire plate.
Strawberry Cheesecake Protein Pancakes
- ½ cup of BPI Sports Best Protein™ in Strawberry Cream
- One egg
- ¼ cup whipped cream cheese
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Five strawberries, chopped
- 3 shots liquid Stevia
- 2 cups Hungry Jack protein pancake mix
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl.
- Heat pan or griddle to medium heat.
- Pour 1/3 cup of the mixture into the center of the pan. Let it cook until bubbles form on the top, then flip. Cook for one more minute.
- To plate, place one pancake on the plate and add sugar-free whipped cream around the edge. Add another pancake and repeat. Top the final pancake with more whipped cream, powdered sugar and strawberries. You can add Walden Farms Strawberry Syrup as a finishing touch as well.
Chef Geo is a member of Team BPI Sports.