The deadlift is one of the most important exercises to have in your arsenal, however many people don’t perform them correctly. Dr. Brett Osborn breaks down the right way to deadlift:
1. Stand in front of the bar, feet shoulder-width apart, with your toes pointed slightly out.
2. Grasp the bar a little wider than shoulder width with an alternate grip.
3. Allow your buttocks to sink slightly and drive your knees forward until the bar touches your shins.
4. Without moving your hips, sway your torso up and back, using your lumbar extensor muscles to pull the bar up.
5. Exhale and reverse the process to slowly lower the bar back to the ground.